CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

new beginnings.....

Ok, its 1st April today... and i have been thinking its time for a change. Most of you know that the last couple of years have been hectic.. but its time to move on.. and look towards the future..instead of holding on to the past. I know its not new year or anything but its the 1st of the month and i have been doing a lot of thinking about what and where i would like my life to go, sooo.. i have written them down... 1. smile more- i have heard that it takes more muscles to frown than smile- so i am going to give it a go. 2. Stress less.. about the little insignificant things in life. 3. More positive about myself and others.. dont think about how people perceive me- just be me. 4. loose weight.. i am trying, but i havent been trying hard. So i am going to make a commitment to try more- i know that when i have been smaller i have been more positive and have more confidence.. 5. GIVE UP SMOKING!!! Yes, jen u have heard this before.. but this time i am going to TRY! I went and played Vollyball last wednesday and when it finished i got in my car and had to wait 15 minutes for my inhaler to kick in.. so i was shaking all the way home- and i put the aircon on, and man it STUNK!So i am going to TRY.. first step towards doing that is i have phoned a lady who does the hypnotherapy- mum said she will pay if it works- if not i have to pay (so i need to make it work). 6. Try harder at work- god knows how slack i have been recently and how fed up i have been- you only get out what you put in.. so i am going to try. 7. Make more time for my family and friends.. i look at how fast Jennae's boys are growing up and realise my little sister is doing exactly the same.. so i would like to build on the bond we have now. And... hopefully spend more time with Mum and Dad- have have tried so hard with me over the years and i am grateful to them- so i think spending more time with them will help. And... i went over to Jen's tonight- i got invited (and i felt soo special- especially coz i'm usually always pestering her, asking if she is free) and i had a good time. We relaxed and had a scone and coffee and then went to scrap... i cant tel you how much i love the page i have done (with Jen's help of course!!!) I LOVE it, its for my Auntie, i took photos of her daughters year 12 ball and got a lovely photo of the whole family, so i have scrapped that! I think my scrapbooking is coming on really well lately (thanks to Jen and the wonderful people at scraptivate!!!) 8. Get up earlier!!! hahahhaha... well i can try! 9. Learn more about myself... 10. Be the best person i can be THATS it i think.... most of you have probably been bored to death readind this, but i wanted to share with you how i am feeling right now... i am looking forward to the future and whatever that may bring.. there's always someone else worst off in this world so i am grateful for the wonderful people in my life right now... they include- my parents, my sis, my brothers (michael, Steven and Drew), my bestest friends Jen and Kel, cath, shelley, charlene, clare, astair and megan i think i have covered them all. Some friends i could not live without- Jen and Cath i think - god u two are soo funny!!! Anyways, enough of my essay... must head to bed to make sure i keep in with number 8... heheheh Love to all, SMile VIK XXX

8 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! - what can I say ???

Giving up smoking and trying to loose weight - dont try and do too much at the same time, GIVE UP SMOKING FIRST - then worry about your weight honey pie.....

I wish you all the luck in the world to try and change the things that you want to change - just be sure it is what YOU and only YOU want...

Luv Ya Lots Jenny xxx

SHELLEYS SHOUT said...

Congratulations on trying to give up smoking. Good luck with all of your other goals.

vicki said...

thanks girls,

really means a lot that i have your support.. so thanks.

i want to change..and started off good today and was positive!

Anonymous said...

Oh Vicki, as I read this I feel so proud of you and so happy. Writing all your goals down is a positive step to take in itself. And you have the support of everyone around you that love and care for you.
One day at a time.....
Looking forward to seeing you again soon,
Love Charlene xx

jodienas said...

Hey babe, I wish you luck with all the goals you have set out to achieve. The only advice that I can give you is to swap over your motto from try to... do. I have learnt from self experience that once you really dedicate yourself to something nothing can stop you. I believe you have that strength in you but it will not come out unless you believe this too :). I got your message by the way :)

love ya

mwah

Cath said...

Just popped in to say Hi Vic xxx

nikki bird said...

ohh vik i love ya , ive been sooo stressed the last 4 odd months and many of your goals i have been running through my head for ages it's hard but you just gotta be strong and think like that everyday if ya ever need to talk im always here i can be your supporting buddie . . .

p.s. have you seen "the secret" or read the book, it WILL change your perspective on alot of things it has helped me so much ? ? ?

Anonymous said...

Hi Vik! How is everything going?
Hope all is well,
Love Char xx